Want to get into editing? Need a clear and informed intro to how the world of editing works, from start to finish? This course, ideal for newcomers to professional editing, gives a comprehensive and current view of the whole post-production process and the editors job, covering everything from metadata, managing rushes and ingest, to preparing for tape output or file export. Save time, money and effort by working efficiently and using recognised methods. The hands-on session also provides a useful introduction to the editing interface. In the course of a single day, it will give you a solid grounding in the concepts and terminology of NLE, from off to online.
This course is an ideal foundation to prepare for further Avid or Final Cut Pro training and essential for people directing editors or managing edits.
• Offline/online or direct on-line workflow
• Ingest tape and file-based formats
• High Definition formats explained
• Using a database for shot logging
• Understanding shot naming conventions
• Structuring an edit
• Short, focussed editing exercises exploring cutting convention and solutions
• Design considerations for titles and effects
• Outputting for broadcast finishing
• Preparing for audio dub
• Conforming using various file transfer formats e.g. OMFI, AAF, EDL.
• Outputting for DVD or the Web.
Introduction to Technical Issues
• Formats and standards
• Selecting inputs and outputs
• Aspect ratios
• Video and film
• Off-line and on-line
• Outline of the production process
• EDLs and transfer to on-line
• Methods of logging
• Files, folders and logs
• Bin organisation
• Shot description conventions
• Stages of the editing process
• Editing techniques
• Editing sound
• Graphic design considerations
At the end of this course you will receive a certificate of attendance.
|Because Alchemea is a "not for profit" organsiation ALL of our courses are exempt from VAT. Regardless of whether you are a business or an individual - you will not be charged VAT.|
|It is advisable to bring a notepad and a pen to take notes during the course. Everything else will be provided for you!|
|This course takes place at our post production partner facility VET in Hoxton. Full address details can be found HERE|
|You will find the pre-requisites for this course over on the overview tab of this course page.|
|For short courses you can now apply & pay course fees online via the Dates/Apply tab above. Alternatively you can call 020 7359 3986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the enrolment process.|
Choose from the course dates below and click 'add to cart' if you wish to apply & pay your course fees/deposit online. If you would like to enquire about different payment methods or anything else please email email@example.com or use the 'Register Interest' button above.