Published on February 11th, 2013 | by mikesinnottNo Comments
We are pleased to announce that we are launching a full time vocational Diploma course covering advanced post production & game sound.
Starting in October 2013, our new Diploma in Audio Post Production & Game Sound is an intensive (16 weeks) course aiming to produce employable professionals for all aspects of sound to picture, including film production, TV production and broadcast, video production and video games audio.
This course requires prior advanced knowledge of, and experience with, professional audio concepts such as microphones, operating levels, digital audio theory, clocking, synchronisation, audio processing tools, mixing & Pro Tools. Students can expect to learn the following:
- Post Production areas of work and related roles and workflows
- Video formats and codecs
- Synchronisation of Audio to Picture and Machine Control
- Non-linear video workflows
- File Interchange
- Overview of the main video editing software packages
- Avid D-Control ICON
- Steinberg Nuendo
- Location recording
- Sound Design
- Track laying
- Dialogue editing and voiceover
- Sound Effects
- Music editing for Picture and Games
- Surround Sound and surround mixing for picture
- Reference levels and metering
- Film gauges, film speeds and associated workflows
- High definition video workflows
- Conforming solutions
- Collaborative workflows
- Dolby and DTS standards
- Dolby E
- Mixing techniques
- Video Game workflows
- Implementation of Video Game Audio through systems like Wwise
Alchemea’s Diploma in Studio Sound Engineering is an ideal platform from which to progress however graduates from other qualifying audio courses are welcome to apply. Alchemea Diploma Alumni will receive a 25% discount.
If you have any questions about this course or would like to arrange a tour of our world class facilities, please email email@example.com or call 020 7359 3986.