This course provides a more detailed look at the Pro Tools system above and beyond the knowledge you gained in the Pro Tools 101 course. It covers all the key concepts and skills needed to operate a Pro Tools system at the User level. This course, along with the Pro Tools 101: An Introduction to Pro Tools, provides the foundation to Pro Tools User Certification and for the later 200-series of courses on Pro Tools music and post production.
This course is designed for end-users with basic Pro Tools skills including:
• Audio Engineers
• Sound Editors for Film or Television
Completion of the following course is recommended prior to beginning this course:
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Configure your studio and session
- Control Pro Tools using external controllers
- Manage session data and media files
- Record MIDI and audio, using loop recording and advanced techniques
- Work with time scales and virtual instruments
- Work with Avid Elastic Audio
- Edit and quantize MIDI and audio
- Use audio editing and file management techniques
- Apply editing techniques such as the use of Clip Loops
- Enable, play, view, and edit automation data
- Mix using sends, returns, plug-ins, Master Faders, and groups
The Avid Pro Tools Certified User Exam is the first of several certification exams that allow you to become Avid Certified. The combined certifications offer an established and recognized goal for both academic users and industry professionals as shown in the graphic below. The graphic below illustrates your pathway to certification.
The Avid Pro Tools User Certification requires that you display a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of digital audio editing on an Avid Pro Tools system.
An Avid Certified User credential allows you to:
- Demonstrate your fundamental competency in digital audio editing with the current version of Avid Pro Tools
- Differentiate yourself from competitors and make your résumé stand out
- Leverage the power of the Avid brand by using your entitlement of Avid Pro Tools Certfified User logos on your digital corresponence and business cards
- Confirm your credentials on Avid’s Find a Certified Professional online listing and with a Certificate of Achievement
Q-01: What is the Pro Tools Certified User exam?
A-01: The Pro Tools Certified User exam is designed to assess a candidate’s core skills for working with Avid Pro Tools, including fundamental concepts and workflow. The Pro Tools User Certification requires that you display a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of recording, editing, and mixing on an Avid Pro Tools system. The exam covers content from the Introduction to Pro Tools 2-day course and the Pro Tools Production I 3-day course (or equivalent real-world product experience).
Enrolling in a Certification Exam
Contact email@example.com to enrol in a certification exam
|Because Alchemea is a "not for profit" organsiation ALL of our courses are exempt from VAT. Regardless of whether you are a business or an individual - you will not be charged VAT.|
|101, 110 & 130 (8 students) , 201, 205, 210M & 310M (4 students), 210P, 310P & 310i (2 students).|
|You get 2 free attempts each course exam - further goes will be charged at US$29. You will need to pay this direct to Avid when you login to take the exam.|
|The current pass mark for Pro Tools Certification exams is 80%.|
|No - it is possible to start on the 110. If you do this we strongly advise that you buy and work through the official 101 book which can be bought from Amazon.|
|It is advisable to bring a notepad and a pen to take notes during the course. Everything else will be provided for you!|
This venue for this course it at our Windsor Centre facility in Islington.
Alchemea College, The Windsor Centre, 15 - 29 Windsor Street, London, N1 8QG
Click here for a map
|You will find the pre-requisites for this course over on the overview tab of this course page.|
|For short courses you can now apply & pay course fees online via the Dates/Apply tab above. Alternatively you can call 020 7359 3986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the enrolment process.|