This course focuses on the advanced operation of Pro Tools in a professional post production environment. It includes technical insights into both Pro Tools hardware and software.
This course is designed for end-users with intermediate Pro Tools post-production skills who want to gain the highest level if technical and operational Pro Tools knowledge.
The following courses must be completed prior to beginning this course:
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Configure Pro Tools|HD systems for Post Audio
- Troubleshoot Pro Tools|HDsystems in the Post environment
- Synchronize Pro Tools|HD with Linear Video
- Efficiently control Pro Tools via a surface and through key commands
- Execute Post production recording techniques
- Execute Editing workflows
- Design sound effects using plug-ins
- Implement advanced routing and mixing techniques
- Use fundamental mixing architectures & techniques in post production
- Mix with Satellite Link
- Use advanced layback techniques
When it comes to audio post production, a refined workflow and the ability to handle complex technical situations are critical to your success. Prove that you have both through the Pro Tools Expert (Post) course and certification. You'll cover advanced topics associated with interoperability, workflow, and more-giving you an edge up in the audio suite.
A Pro Tools Expert Post Certification provides:
- Immediate industry recognition of proven expertise as a user who has reached the highest level and can operate a Pro Tools|HD system in a professional, fast-paced environment at an above-average skill level
- Differentiation from your competitors when applying for audio engineering work at commercial post production houses
- A listing in Avid's searchable online Certification Directory (with your approval)
How do I become a Pro Tools Expert?
- Complete all Pro Tools 100-,200-, and 300-level curriculum and course projects/exercises at an official Avid Learning Partner
- Pass each course completion exam and pass the final Pro Tools Expert certification exam at an official Avid Learning Partner
What kind of schools offer 300-level curriculum?The 300-level courses are available through:
- Certified Training Locations
- Authorized Pro Schools
How long is certification?
Pro Tools Certification does not expire. Instead, you become certified for a particular version of Pro Tools software. Then, Certified Pro Tools Operators and Experts have an option to update their certification by taking the Pro Tools 220 update course and exam.
How to take exam?
Once you have achieved Operator Level Certification, you are eligible to take the Pro Tools Expert Exam. The Pro Tools Expert Exam is delivered electronically by the same Avid Learning Partner where your prerequisite courses were taken. Exams are scheduled by appointment with an Avid Learning partner once required classes are completed. To take the exam you must:
- Complete all Pro Tools 100-, 200-, and 300-level courses and course projects/exercises at an official Digidesign Authorized Pro School
- Pass each course completion exam and pass the final Pro Tools Expert certification exam at an Avid Learning Partner
To become a Certified Expert in both music and post-production you must pass two expert exams.
|The Expert courses are very advanced and demanding. For this reason at Alchemea we will not allow you to enrol on a 310 (Expert) course until you have passed you Operator exam. Exceptions may be made for candidates who have used Pro Tools extensively within the industry. We therefore feel that it is in your interest to attain Operator certification before committing to a 310 course.|
|90% for the 101 and 110 online assessments and the current Operator and Expert Certification exams and 80% for the new User Certification Exam.|
|It is advisable to bring a notepad and a pen to take notes during the course. Everything else will be provided for you!|
This venue for this course it at our Windsor Centre facility in Islington.
Alchemea, The Windsor Centre, Windsor Street, London, N1 8QG
Click here for a map
|You will find the pre-requisites for this course over on the overview tab of this course page.|
|You can now apply & pay course fees online via the Dates/Apply tab above. Alternatively you can call 020 7359 3986 or email email@example.com to begin the enrolment process.|
This course is scheduled on an 'on demand' basis. Please contact Tony Garston on 02073593986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.