This course covers techniques for working with Pro Tools systems in a professional music production environment. Concepts and skills learned in Pro Tools 101, 110, and 201 are reinforced with practical music-specific examples. Access to the certification exam requires that previous exams have been passed.
This course is designed for end-users with intermediate Pro Tools skills.
Completion of the following courses is required prior to beginning this course:
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare a session
- Track and overdub
- Control virtual instruments
- Perform advanced MIDI production
- Apply professional editing techniques
- Sample in Pro Tools using software samplers
- Employ professional audio editing techniques
- Perform advanced tempo editing
- Arrange and produce using advanced techniques
- Mix and automate
- Print your mix
Music Production is all about efficiency, flexibility and creativity. The Pro Tools Operator (Music) certification courses will guide you through the twists and turns of music production, and show you how Pro Tools can bring out the best in your music-from tracking and editing, through mixing and mastering. When you're done with your courses, you have the opportunity to join the proud ranks of Pro Tools Certified Operators (Music).
The major benefits of becoming a Certified Pro Tools Operator revolve around industry recognition and jobs.
A Certified Pro Tools Operator credential provides:
- An extra level of confidence in your skills-for you as a user and for your prospective employers
- Immediate industry recognition of proven expertise
- A listing in Avid's searchable database (with your approval)
How do I become a Pro Tools Operator?
- Complete all Pro Tools 100- and 200-level courses and course projects/exercises at an official Avid Learning Partner
- Pass each course completion exam and pass the final Pro Tools Operator certification exam at an official Avid Learning Partner
What kind of schools offer 200-level courses?
The 200-level courses are available through:
- Certified Training Locations
- Authorized Pro Schools
How long is certification good for?
Pro Tools Certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of Pro Tools software. Then, Certified Pro Tools Operators and Experts have an option to update their certification by taking the Pro Tools update exam.
How to take exam?
The Pro Tools Operator Exam is delivered electronically by the same Avid Learning Partner where your prerequisite courses were taken. To take the exam you must:
- Complete all Pro Tools 100- and 200-level courses and course projects/exercises at an official Avid Authorized Pro School
- Pass each course completion exam and pass the final Pro Tools Operator certification exam at an Avid Learning Partner
|Because Alchemea is a "not for profit" organsiation ALL of our courses are exempt from VAT. Regardless of whether you are a business or an individual - you will not be charged VAT.|
|101, 110 & 130 (8 students) , 201, 205, 210M & 310M (4 students), 210P, 310P & 310i (2 students).|
|You get 2 free attempts each course exam - further goes will be charged at US$29. You will need to pay this direct to Avid when you login to take the exam.|
|It is advisable to bring a notepad and a pen to take notes during the course. Everything else will be provided for you!|
This venue for this course it at our Windsor Centre facility in Islington.
Alchemea College, The Windsor Centre, 15 - 29 Windsor Street, London, N1 8QG
Click here for a map
|You will find the pre-requisites for this course over on the overview tab of this course page.|
|For short courses you can now apply & pay course fees online via the Dates/Apply tab above. Alternatively you can call 020 7359 3986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the enrolment process.|
Choose from the course dates below and click 'add to cart' if you wish to apply & pay your course fees/deposit online. If you would like to enquire about different payment methods or anything else please email email@example.com or use the 'Register Interest' button above.