AN INTENSIVE 1-DAY BEGINNERS INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC TECHNOLOGY & PRODUCTION
Ever wondered how your favourite music is created? Think you have what it takes to be a hit producer or are you looking to achieve an ambition to produce your own music? This course aims to provide an overview about how to set up and use a simple music production environment, and explain the basics of the music production process from recording to producing a final master. It also aims to provide solid foundations and a path to one of Alchemea’s audio software or weekend music production techniques courses.
Do you need help with the following?
- Whether to go PC or Mac?
- What audio software should I use?
- What is a compressor and how should I use an EQ?
- What is MIDI?
- Digital Audio – 1’s and 0’s?
- What kind of microphone should I use?
- How can I make my own CD and MP3’s?
- "Hi Tony - Just to say thought the courses were brilliant and Marco was very helpful, he was probably sick of all my questions but hid it well. Thank you for all your help!"
- "This is just a quick email to say a huge thank you for the excellent Music Tech Crash Course that I attended on Sat 11 Oct. In my opinion, the course did exactly what it said on the tin (as they say!). The course has inspired me to take my sound recording further and in time take some more training. What was really refreshing too, was that diversity of students, from a wide variety of backgrounds, but all coming together to share a passion for furthering their knowledge of music and sound production. This created an informal but creative atmosphere for learning."
- How to set up a basic music production environment.
- An understanding of which audio software is best suited to your personal requirements.
- An overview of basic recording and microphone techniques.
- A fundamental understanding of mixing desk signal flow.
- An overview of basic music mixing techniques including an introduction to compression and time based effects (reverb & delay).
- An introduction to the theoretical principles of sound in relation to the music production process.
- A comprehensive course reference book explaining all the topics covered in the class.
This course will take place in our state of the art Apple technology classroom. Equipped with Genelec monitoring and projection system every student has access to an Intel iMac workstation loaded with the latest audio software, an Avid MBox Mini and M-Audio MIDI controller keyboard.
|Short courses at Alchemea usually run from 10am - 6pm each day.|
|It is advisable to bring a notepad and a pen to take notes during the course. Everything else will be provided for you!|
This venue for this course it at our Windsor Centre facility in Islington.
Alchemea College, The Windsor Centre, 15 - 29 Windsor Street, London, N1 8QG
Click here for a map
|You will find the pre-requisites for this course over on the overview tab of this course page.|
|For short courses you can now apply & pay course fees online via the Dates/Apply tab above. Alternatively you can call 020 7359 3986 or email email@example.com to begin the enrolment process.|